˹ѡ arrow йظ֡ arrow ԹԷҾйظҵ͹ : ͧºҹѺᢡͧͧҾФѧ
 
׺˹ѧ

        

й
йظ֡
ѵʵظ
ŻѲ ླ
Իѭҷͧظ
ѹ-
ظҡѺҹҪҵ
й:稾й
йѵʵ
йѲ ླ
Last comments
No comment...
 
   
 
ԹԷҾйظҵ͹ : ͧºҹѺᢡͧͧҾФѧ
ԹԷҾйظ
͹ : ͧºҹѺᢡͧͧҾФѧ

ǹԪ ظѵ

ͧ
           ҾФѧͧ ͡ٵع һҹ ͷҹ 35 Ѻ觵駨ҡҪӹѡ繷ٵԹҧԭѹաѺҪӹѡͧ͡Թҧ仾Ѻ ͧ ٵҡҪӹѡͧ úͧʪ Թҧҡاظ ѹ 12 ͹ѹҤ ..2228 Ҿ 14 Ҫѧ ا ѹ 1 ѹ¹ ..2229 ԹҧѺ اظѹ 27 ѹ¹ ..2230 ٵйҧõѹ˭ҡҪӹѡͧеͪû Ǻз觷ءѹ зٵشѺõͧúҧѡҹҡѴਹ繵ҧҧͧѧ仹
           ͧ͢зٵ֧ͧʵ ͧͧ͢ʷҧҹط͵ŹԤ ѹ 18 Զع¹ ..2229 áش͡- ٵعáѺбٵѺõȡ
           ͧ 觷÷Шӡú 2 ԧ׹˭ԧصѺҹҪٵءк͡
           鹷ҧ褳зٵ鹺ͧѺõ 駪 ѧҡ訹֧ءѹ
           14 觽ʷçôҧ¹Ҿ зٵҧԹҧҡͧʵاʴ¢ǹ´ ¹ҾзٵҷŶ¾Ҫ Ҫѧ ѹ 1 ѹ¹ ..2229
           Ҥ駹վٻŧ˹ѧ;价Ƿջûз­繷֡ӹǹҡ¡ѹ ¶繡áЪѺѹҧҪӹѡʡѺҪӹѡ
           ѧҾ աҾաþ㹢й ҾҪٵد-Ҫͧ÷ 觶繡Ѻµ ٧شѺҪٵ ѧҾҪٵҪçҹҹѧӷ͹ͧ ͡Ǵѡ ԷФഫ ŵ (Academic Belles-Lettres) Ѵ­ õҪٵ´
           繷͡ѹ͡ٵع;ҾФѧ繺þɢͧҪǧѡ觡اѵԹ

Image
Ҿ줳Ҫٵ份¹ Եáêǽ
ʴҾҡ仢 ͡ǧҪ ػٵ ͡ٵعҪٵ ͡عҨ շٵ
ͤзٵ㹡ا Ƚ ..2229
Image
Ҿ Ҷ¾Ҫ 14 㹾Ҫѧ ѹ 1 ѹ¹ ..2229
վǻȽзջ ûؤ
ImageImage
Ҿ­֡ ҹ˹ٻͧ 14 ҹѧٻҶ¾Ҫ칢ͧҪٵ
ѹ 1 ѹ¹ .. 2229


ѵͧ͢ҾФѧ (һҹ)
           ѡ ʶ, (2548, ˹ 125-126 ҧԧҡ Ե Էѡѹ, 2531) Ƕ֧ѵԢͧһҹ 鹵СŢͧҹ õѾͭԴ稾-Ҫ ѺҪ÷اظҵ ..2108 ١ҹ˹觢ͧõ (ҧҺ͡١ҹͧ-¹) 觧ҹѺ˭ԧͺ ¡ѹ ѴԵ ʵռ٧ѡҪӹѡ Ѫ¾-ҷͧ ͧ稾й³Ҫ ͹ѧ繷ѡҸҵ ҹǹѴԵ 觵ͧԵçǹ͡Ѻͧҡ ֧¡ѹ ѴԵ

Image
Ե ҧȺŹ¸ ͧԵ ҹѧ繫ҡʶٻͧѴԵ¡اظ
Ե;йͧ稾й³Ҫ ôҢͧһҹ չʶҹ㹺dz


           ѴԵպص 3 صê¤⵪ ѧҾ صäͧ˭ԧ 繷ըѡɳ صä繪ª ҹ ҡ͡-ٵع һҹǶ֧㹵͹
           һҹ պصêª͢عͧ ѧѺ繾ʴͧപ ͹ ҡоǧҸҪ ʹҺշҧҹõҧѪŢͧعǧѡ
           ǧҸҪ պصêͷͧ ҡҴѪŢعǧѡ͹繾Ҫԡ ˹觻ѴҡáҴ ѪŢعǧ Ҫ-ԡŹѡҧҹ Сصѧ ͧط¸ҹ㹻Ѩغѹ
           Ҫԡ պصêͷͧ ǧԹԨѡ¹һШӡҴ ѪŢͧǺ
           ǧԹԨѡʡѺԴٻͧ˺ժǨչ ͧ պҹѧྪ Ѻ ʶҹ觹
           ǧԹԨѡá 稾ҪԴҢͧкҷ稾оطʹҨš ѵҪǧѡ
           ѹҡõԶ֧ҾФѧ ʹҨ֧稾л-ҪҪǧѡ
           ͡ٵعԹҧѺҡ㹻» ..2230 ѺҪ繷ôҹͧ稾й³Ҫҡ 觢ա˹觤 ..2231 稾й³Ҫʴä ྷҪҢ鹤ͧҪѵ ǵ ͧ蹴ԹྷҪ һҹѺҪҹ͹ôѡ繾ҸԺ ˹ҷҾФѧ㹰ҹТͧѤʹҺ мҪõҧ
           㹻¢ͧ稾й³ Դ֡͵ҹǵҧҵԢҧعç ੾Ъǽ һҹ繽¢ͧྷҪҷ繼ӡõ͵ҹ ;ྷҪһҺɡ繡ѵ һҹ Ѻͺ繼èҡѺѭҡ÷âͧʷͧҧ͡ () ҹ ͹͡仨ҡҳҨѡ (ҭԷ ɵ, 2550 ˹ 205)

ҹͧǧԹԨѡõʶҹ
           ͹ ǧԹԨѡ;лҪҶʡѺԴҢͧ˺ժǨչ ͧ պҹѧྪ ǷҹѺ ʶҹ觹
           Ӷ֧ ͹˹ҹ鹢зҹ ѺҪôç˹¹һШӡҴ ҹӹѡ ӵͺҡ¹ͧɮ سԴ ѧ
           ɮ سԴ, (2548 ˹ 2) ҧ֧˹ѧͷ֡Ш˵ؾҪԸ ЪҾкҷ稾оطʹҨš ͹ҪѵԾоطʹҨšҪ к
           зاظ ..2310 稾лҪ ç˹繾ѡع¹㹡Ҵ ҹ駹ʶҹ㹡ᾧйظ Ѵطȹ Ѵͧͺ 繾ͧ稾ྷҪҷçҧŧ㹺ҹͧͧ ҹ稾Ҫ㹡ᾧйѧྪ çҧѴó
           ѴطʹѴطѴԷҪѯйظ

Image
Ѵط ҧѪ¢ͧྷҪ ѵ»¡اظ ԷҪѯйظ


           ҡ蹴ԹͧྷҪ ·ҾФѧѧժԵ ֧蹴ԹͧǺ ¢ͧǧԹԨѡùҧѹҳ 50 - 60 դ٧ ǧԹԨѡäе駺ҹ͹㹷Թǹ繢ͧǴ (һҹ) ҡ͹ ͺҧպҹҹ ҨѧǡѹѺҹǴ͹Ѻᢡͧ ҪٵŹ 觨Ƕ֧

ԹҧͧҪҳҨѡ
           ͻ ..2233 ͪѹ ͹ (Engelbert Kaempfer) ͻШӤзٵͧŹ ԹҧҾѺзٵҡͧҵЪ ѧȭԭҧҪաѺȹѧ ͡ö¾ҪʹͧҪٵ اظҴ зٵԹҧҶ֧çԹҢͧŹ ҧͧѴѭԧ ѹ 11 Զع¹ ..2233
           ѧҡա 2-3 ѹ ӹ¡çԹҢͧŹѺзٵ ѹҾҾФѧ㹰ҹзҹç˹ѤʹҺмҪõҧ Ҫʹͧóҡë觹ҡѺͶ¾蹴Թ駵ǢͧҾФѧͧ ʶҹ觨ҾҾФѧͷ͡ᢡͧ ͺҹѺѺᢡͧͧҹͧ
           ¹ ҾФѧ觢عҧ鹷 2 ͪ͡ (opera) 4 ¢ǹ ǴѹԨԵèӹǹ 6 ǹҪʹ˹ ˹ͧ͢͡ ͢عҧ ա 3 Ф ԭҪʹ¾蹴ԹʹѺҾФѧ ¹ҴѪ ЩѺ㹡һѡ鹷ͧ ҷͧҧ㹾ҹͧռһѡǨ֧ӺèպѹдѺءա˹觵ͧҹͧ Ǩ֧ҧᢹоѡԧ觵ѧҤͺ 躹ç˹ʹ ѺѺйŧӷش դ繾蹵ԭʹ¾蹴Թ

Image
Ҿ¹Ἱйظ ͧ Ѫ稾й³Ҫ
͹ 3 Ҿѧࡵմ鹢Ҵ˭çǹҧͧҾ 蹤 ͧе෾ ͧ˭شͧйظ


׺鹵˹觺ҹѺᢡͧͧҾФѧ
           ¹ҵ ǹºᾧйâ仵ӹѡ˹ ҹͧҹҾФѧ ѹ繷觷ҹ͡Ѻᢡͧҧʧõ Ң鹺ҧҹ Թ仨֧ҹ ҹҹ͹ҧʡáѺ ѧաҺҹա˹觢ͧҹ ӹѺҹǹǡ͹˹ҹ 2-3 ѹ 㹺dzҹҹ ҡ͹ͧԴѧ˹ҧͷͺٻѵ ռѧ 鹻١дҹ դ ҧ ҧԹ¡ѹ ҧ繪ҧ͡˹ ١ú׹ç çѹѺҧպѹԹ͹ҾФѧ
           ѹ֡ͧ ͹͡ ǹѭԭҪʹ 6 Ѵ§ǹѹ 1 : 3 : 1 : 1 ·袺ǹºᾧйâ㹪ҹ ҹͧҾФѧ

Image
Ҿ¨ҡἹҧ ǹͧͧе෾շٻӤͧդ͹ѹ çǹҧͧͧоҹҹ Ҿ¹ժͧоҹӹǹ 5 ͧ оҹ˭شлѨغѹѧҾоҹդóҡشͧôоҹҳ¢ͧйظ оҹͶԹ§鹷ҧҡѹ͡Ѻѹͧ鹷͹ ͧйظʹյ
Image
Ҿ¹չѹ¡اظ ѹ ԧ⺹ ԵáêǴѪ Ҿ¹ǻ ..2208 ʧͧѷԹµѹ͡ ѹ (VOC) Ҿʴٻóѳҹͧاظ ҧ͹ҧͧҾ ͧе෾ʶҹԷҪѯйظ㹻Ѩغѹ


           ҧԹҡҾСͺѺäԴԧ˵ؼѡɳТͧ Ҿͧ蹷ǹʹҾºᾧͧҹҹͧ¡ (ͧТ§㹻Ѩغѹ) ǹºᾧաǻǡ֧ͧ˭ ֧ç颺ǹǢһе˭ͧͧӷҤͧе෾ ͤͧе 繤ͧӷ˭شͧاظ ٨ҡҾ¹ͧ оҹҹоҹ෾ժͧоҹ 5 ͧ оҹ»Ԩժͧǹ§ͧͧҹ ҴǢͧоҹ͢Ҵͧҧͧͧ ѧ鹤ͧе෾ը֧Ҩդҧҳ 12 觾§ 㹢ǹѭԭҪ͹ǹ§
           ͧѴա˹觤ͧͤͧù բҴ硡ҡѹҡ ͧҹѹͧ͡Ѵط 觤ͧù¹颺ǹͤҨ价 й鹢ǹͤ仢鹺ͧù ͧҡͧù͡աҡ 㹺ѹ֡͡ѡ˹
           ǹѭԭҪʹʹº оҹԧоҹҹǢǹҡѹ Թ鹺仵ҧԹѧҹѺᢡͧͧҾФѧ Ἱؤ¡اظ ͧǷҧԹ () 繶ҧоҹҹáѺоҹ˹Ѵط ҧѴਹ

Image
Ἱ¹اظ ¹ҧӹѡ㹡اظ 㹻Ѩغѹ ..2233
ǹҧçҧҾ dzͧе෾ 繤ͧӤѭ ѨغѹԷҪѯйظ
Image
Ҿǹͧͧе෾ ҡἹ¹ͧ ǶҧоҹҹáѺоҹҹԹ ˹Ѵط ç觡ҧҾҤѧҷç (ǧ) ѧǹ» ҹѧҨ繺ҹѺᢡͧ ͧҾФѧʹյ


           ҧԹͶԹ¹ Ͷҹ ҧȵѹͧ͡оҹҹоҹ෾ ͡ѺЧҧ ȵѹ 件֧оҹҹԹ˹Ѵط ¹ʶҹӤѭʹյҧ Ѵ ҹᢡ˭ (੡Ѵ) ҹҾҾФѧ (һҹ) ѴЧ Ѵط 繵 ж¹Ҵ٨ҡҾ¹¡اظ ¹ ..2208 շҧ͡Ѻչ 觼ҹǨչҧͧاظҢҹѺᾧͧҹҹѺ仨֧˹Ѵѵ (ǹԪ ظѵ, 2550, ˹ 15-16)

Image
оҹ෾оҹҹԷҪѯйظ ѨغѹоҹоҹǷѧҾѡɳͧоҹҡоҹҳ ͧاظ çԧоҹ觹Ҩ繷褳Ҫٵѹ
ѭԭҪ칢ѧҹѺᢡͧͧҾФѧ
Image
оҹҹԹdzҹ˹Ѵط ԷҪѯйظ ͧҾ
ͧù 繤ͧ͹Ѻзٵзٵѧ»¡اظ


           ˹觢ͧҹѺᢡͧç˹ ӵͺ֧ͧǹСͺӤѭաǹ˹龺ǹСͺǹçҧ աáǶ֧㹺ѹ֡ͧ ͡ çҧҧҹͧ͢ҧҺҹ

Image
˹Ҥ÷ͧҨͧҪҹóШ 繶ǡѺҳ
˹ѴЧҧоҹҹоҹ෾աѺоҹҹԹ˹Ѵط
¹ʹյ繷駢ͧҹѺᢡͧͧҾФѧ


           Ἱ¹اظ ¹ͧҧӹѡ㹡اظ㹻 ..2333 ¹Ҿ´ѧǹ ҧҹ˹Ͷ´ѧҧҡоҹҹ价ҧȵѹҡѡ Ҿͧҹѧ˹ѧ˹ҨẺçµçѧͧ¤ Դ çҹҧͧἹ յѡҴѪҳ¹͸ԺʶҹӤѭҧ 18 觷ҡἹ¹ öҹ ҹçѧͺҹѺᢡͧͧҾФѧͷҹһҹǶ֧ҧ͹

˹觢ͧçҧç
           ҵ˹觢ͧçҧ ҡö˹˹觺ҹѺᢡͧͧҾФѧͷҹһҹҧ١ͧ Ըա׺鹡ͧͺҡʨѧѴйظ ǢͧѺʶҹ觹ͧӤѭ
           ʶҹçdzҤ¹ͧԷʵ෤ ԷҪѯйظ ͻҳ 50-60 ա͹ ʶҹ駢ͧç¹е 㹵͹շҹҨѭ ྪ Ҩ˭繪ظ¡Դ йҹ 82 繻иҹŹԸԾźԸ ѧѴйظ ҡͺҹѺӵͺҵçdz ᾧǤԷʵ ҹȵѹ͡繷駢ͧçҧ §ѹǷ˹ç й ( 60 շҹ) çҧǹҹѺǹͧѧաҡѡ Һçҧͧҹ §ѺӺ͡ҵ ѹçҧҹ (ҾСͺ)

Image
ҾɷشҡҾ Ҩѭ ྪ иҹŹԸԾźԵ йظ 82
ҹ繪Ǿйظ¡Դ سҪ˹觷ҹ׹ѹçҧ¡اظ
dzǤԷʵ෤¹ѺҺ (Ҿͻ ..2551)
鹷ǹաâش֡ŧ 1 ҧк¹ (͹Ҿѹ 2552)
öͧ԰繰ҹͧçҧѴਹҡ


           ҡշҾФѧҹͧҹѺᢡͧ зٵͧŹ ..2233 з觶֧·Ҩѭ ྪ Ҩ˭ç¹е ..2490 Ѻ 250 դ٧觡ҧ԰ͻٹѧʹҡüء͹١¸ҵ Шҡͧ͢ ǹҹҹ鹡Ҩŧ׺ա仡

Image
Ҿâشк¹Ӻdz㨡ѹ繰ҹͧçҧҾҾФѧ
Ҿʴá԰繪 ǹͧҹҤ çҧͧǵʹ
ҡ˹ѧ ǻҳ 10 Ҿѹ 18 ѹ¹ 2552
ѧҡѹҨѭ ྪ ˹觻ҳ˹觻


           ѧ鹨֧Ҩբػ͹ҧó˵ؼѡҹʴ dz駵ҤäԷʵ෤Ҥ§ͧԷҪѯ йظ 㹻Ѩغѹʶҹʶҹ駺ҹѺᢡͧͧҾФѧ ѤʹҺмҪõҧѪ¢ͧྷҪҨ繺ҹͧǧԹԨѡ稾лҪ 鹵СŢͧҪǧѡ觡اѵԹ ա

Image
dzҤâͧԷʵѧ Ҩ繷駺ҹѺᢡͧͧ ҾФѧͷҹһҹ


óҹء

ɮ سԴ. (2548). ѨҾҹԵʵͧкҷ稾оطʹҨšҪ           㹡úũѺõ: ŧҹԨ. ا෾ : Ŵҡþ.
ҳԷ. (2545). ͧзͨҧҳاظ. طҹѵʵйظ.
ҭԷ ɵ. (2550). ظ. ا෾ : ŹԸ µһ.
ԧ. (2547). ҪҳҨѡҮ 1. ҭԷ ɵ ѳԡ ش óҸԡ.
          ا෾ : ŹԸµһ.
Ѫ ҹԪ. (2549). اظἹ. ا෾ : ӹѡԪ.
Ե Էѡѹ. (2531). 稾й³Ҫһҹ. ا෾ : зǧ֡Ҹԡ.
ҹ Ѳʡ. (2543). عҧظ. ا෾ : ӹѡԷ¸ʵ.
ͧ . (2548). ˵ ҪҳҨѡ. ا෾ : ӹѡջѭ.
ǹԪ ظѵ. (2550). ԹԷ : йظ. йظ : ʶҺѹظ֡
          ԷҪѯйظ.
Ժ ԨԵҷ. (2544). Ҫǧҹǧ. ا෾ : ҧä.
ظ. (2510). ͸ԺҾ ѧʵԷȹշ 4 Ѻ 4 չҤ - Ҥ 2510.
          .12 - 13.
ѡ ʶ. (2548). ͢Ҫ. ا෾ : ͹.
ó. (2545). 㹨˵. ا෾ : ŻҡèѴ.



Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya Reputation: Phraya Phrakhlang’s Guesthouse for Official Foreign Visitors
By Wanich Sutharat

Introduction

Phraya Phrakhlang in the topic was Ok Phra Wisutsunthorn or Kosaparn. When he was 35 years old, he was appointed by the king to be the royal envoy and travelled to France for friendly relations. He went with Chevalier de Chaumont, the royal envoy of the French court. They travelled by a French warship, Loiso, and left Krung Si Ayutthaya on December 12, 1685. The group of envoys had an audience with King Louise XIV at Versailles Palace in Paris on September 1, 1686. They went back and reached Krung Si Ayutthaya on September 27, 1687. This group of Siam royal envoys was very famous and welknown in the French court and the European till today. The honor that Siam royal envoys receieved visibly appeared in the following evidences:

When the ship containing the royal envoys reached Brest, a French seaport in the Atlantic Ocean, on June 18, 1686, Ok Phra Wisutsunthorn and the group of royal envoys received honors as follows:

Chevalier de Chaumont commanded the navy soldiers who were stationed on two warships shot every cannon or fired a salute for head of the royal envoys.

The road that the royal envoys landed and used to travel into the city was honoraly named “Siam road” and the road still exists nowadays.

King Louise XIV commanded some painters to paint a picture of the long procession of the group of Siam royal envoys on the way from Brest to Paris, and also a picture when the royal envoys had an audience and presented the royal letter to the king at Versailles Palace on September 1, 1686.

The picture of having the audience was published and propagated around the European continent, and a lot of token coins were made to witness the friendly relations between the court of France and the court of Siam.

Many other pictures were also published in newspapers, for example the picture of the royal envoys having an audience with the French Crown Princess inside her bedroom which showed the highest honor that the group of Siam royal envoys receieved, the picture of the envoys when they inspected a hydraulic power factory at Maintenon and Agudelle, and Academic Belles-Lettres University also made token coins in honor of the Thai royal envoys.

It is believed that Ok Phra Wisutsunthorn or Phraya Phrakhlang was the forefather of the Chakkri Dynasty of Rattanakosin (Bangkok) period.

A paste prints of the Siam royal envoys going to France by Nicholas de la Messan, a French painter.
From left to right, Ok-Luang Kallayaratchamaitri, the counselor; Ok Phra Wisutsunthorn, the king’s envoy; and Ok-Khun Sriwisanwaja, the third minister

The royal envoys in Paris, France in 1686
A paste prints of the Siam royal envoys’ presenting the royal letter to King Louise XIV in Versailles Palace on September 1, 1686, which was published and propagated in France and Europe

A token coin: the picture of King Louise XIV was in the front and the back showed the audience of the Siam royal envoys presenting the royal letter to King Louise XIV on September 1, 1686

Background and Personal Information of Phraya Phrakhlang (Kosaparn)

Lakkaew Amarosot (2005, pp. 125 126, referred from Thitima Pitakpaiwan, 1988) revealed that Kosaparn’s ancestor was Phraya Kiat, a Morn (Peguan) army leader who followed King Naresuan to Krung Si Ayutthaya and served under his crown since 1565. Later, one of Phraya Kiat’s lineages (Phraya Ram’s lineage in some texts the author) married a girl called Bua who was latterly named Chaomae Dusit, a high-ranked lady in Siam court, in King Prasat Thong’s reign, and she was also King Narai’s wet nurse. Later, she became Thao Somsakmahathatri. Tarn (a word used to call a person with respect) Bua formerly lived near Wat Dusit situating on Khlong Dusit, the place next to Khlong Pakkhaosan. As a result, she was called Chaomae Dusit.

Chaomae Dusit’s shrine is situated on Nakhon Ayothaya Municipality side on Khlong Dusit (A canal called Dusit). The back is the remains of the pagoda at Wat Dusit in Krung Si Ayutthaya period.

Chaomae Dusit or King Narai’s wet nurse, the mother of Kosaparn who was once lived in the area
Chaomae Dusit had three children. The biggest one was Lek who became Chao Phraya Kosalek. The second one was a girl called Chaem who latterly became Thao Sri Chulaluck, and the third one was a boy called Parn who latterly became Ok Phra Wisutsunthorn or Kosaparn as mentioned above.

Kosaparn had a son called Khunthong. Later, he was respectively promoted as Phraya Assadaruangdet, Phraya Kalahom and Phraya Worawongsathirat, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, in Khunluang Sorasak’s reign.
Phraya Worawongsathirat had a son called Thongkham who latterly became Director of the Royal Page Department in Khunluang Sorasak’s reign, and was promoted to Phra Ratchanikul, the permanent secretary of the Department of Interior. In the reign of King Thai Sa, Phra Ratchanikul moved and settled down at “Sakutrang” or Uthai Thani in the present.
Phra Ratchanikul had a son called Thongdee who latterly became Luang Phinitaksorn, the secretary on duty at the Department of Interior in the reign of King Boromakot.

Luang Phinitaksorn married a beautiful girl who was a rich Chinese daughter named Daoruang whose house was behind Pom Phet, and then he moved to stay with his wife at the place.

Additionally, Luang Phinitaksorn was the father of King Buddha Yodfa Chulaloke, the first king of the Chakkri Dynasty.
The whole story showed the the relation from Phraya Kiat to Phraya Phrakhlang, and also the first king of the Chakkri Dynasty.

When Ok-Phra Wisutsunthorn went back from France at the end of 1687, he had served well under the crown of King Narai. In 1688, King Narai passed away, and Phra Pate Racha succeeded the throne. In the early reign of King Pate Racha, Kosaparn was promoted to Phraya Kosathibodi, the minister of Finance and Foreign Affairs.
In the late reign of King Narai, Siam people opposed strongly against foreigners, especially the French. Kosaparn joined Phra Pate Racha in the opposition, and when Phra Pate Racha was enthroned and became king, Kosaparn was appointed to negotiate with the commander-in chief of France who controlled the fortresses in Bangkok (Thon Buri) at that time, and he succeeded in making the French withdraw their troops out of Siam Kingdom (Chanwit Kasetsiri, 2007, p. 205).
Where was Luang Phinitakksorn’s house?

The story mentioned before was when Luang Phinitaksorn or the forefather of the Chakkri Dynasty married a Chinese millionaire’s daughter, Daoruang, whose house was behind Pom Phet, he then moved to live with his wife at the place.
The question is where he lived before that, when he was only a clerical officer at the Department of Interior. There were answers by Krisada Boonyasamit:

Krisada Boonyasamit, (2005, p. 2) referred to a memorial book and annals mentioning about the ceremony celebrated on the occasion of having the same age as King Buddha Yodfa Chulaloke, in the part called “The Royal Biography of King Buddha Yodfa Chulaloke”:

“When Krung Si Ayutthaya was defeated by the Burmese in 1767, the father of the first king of Rattanakosin (Bangkok) was still Phra Aksornsunthorn, a clerical officer, in the Department of Interior. His residence was inside the city wall of Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya near Wat Boroma Buddhawat or Wat Krabuangkhleuab which was built by King Pate Racha at his original residence. Later, he moved to stay with the king’s mother inside the city wall behind Pom Phet; he also built Wat Suwan Dararam”.

Wat Boroma Buddhawat or Wat Boroma Buddharam is a temple situated inside Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya Rajabhat University. The temple was built in the reign of King Pate Racha, a king of the late Ayutthaya period.
In the reign of King Pate racha, Phraya Phrakhlang was still alive. He had lived until the reign of King Boromakot. The duration of Luang Phinitaksorn’s life was about 50 60 years. It was possible that Luang Phinitaksorn’s house was on his great grandfather’s (Kosaparn’s) land or it was possible that he lived in the same house which his great grandfather used to receive official foreign guests: the royal envoys from the Natherlands and Dr. Kaempfer.

Dr. Kaempfer’s travelling into the Kingdom of Siam

In 1690, a German doctor named Engelbert Kaempfer, the doctor of the royal envoys from the Natherlands, travelled with the envoy group from Pattawia in Java Island to go to Japan for friendly relations. They dropped in Siam in order to present the royal letter in Krung Si Ayutthaya. The envoy group reached the Natherlands’ warehouse in the south of Wat Phananchoeng on June 11, 1690.

A few days after that the director of the Natherlands’ warehouse, the royal envoys and an interpreter for Thai and Malayu went to see Phraya Phrakhlang who took a position of the Minister of Foreign Affairs and gave him a royal letter and tributes in order to present them to the king and also some for Phraya Phrakhlang himself. The place where they met Phraya Phrakhlang was the place for receiving official foreign visitors or the house for receiving official foreign visitors.
Dr. Kaempfer wrote down that Phraya Phrakhlang sent four people comprising second-classed noblemen or Ok Phra going out with a fleet of 6 boats with beautiful patterns on them. The procession for the royal letter was led by the boat of OK Phra Sriyod followed by three boats with a nobleman on each one. The last one carried the royal letter for the king and the other letter for Phraya Phrakhlang. The letters were written in Malayu and Deutch. Each letter was put in a bag embroidered with golden braid. The two bags were placed on trays with pedestal and covered with embroidered clothes. All of them were put in two boxes made of sandalwood decorated with pearl in agreement with the Thai tradition. The boxes were situated on unarmed chairs with backrests under a covered roof. The interpreter sat on the carpet in front of the letters. For Dr. Kaempfer and the royal envoys, they boarded the last boat which is rather short, and followed the boat carrying the royal letter.

The painting of Pharnakhon Si Ayutthaya map by Monsieur de la Loubere who came to Ayutthaya in the reign of King Narai

Three year before Dr. Kaempfer, please remark the big short black line under the picture. That was Khlong Pratu Thepmee, the biggest canal in Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya.

Retrieving the Position of Phraya Phrakhlang’s Guesthouse for Official Foreign Visitors
Dr. Kaempfer also wrote down that the procession of boats went along the city wall up the river for a short time, and turned into Phraya Phrakhlang’s house which he honorably receieved the visitors. We landed and walked to the house. The courtyard seemed rather dirty and had bad smell, but it was better than the other house where we privately visited him a few days before. When we went into the area of the house, we saw the house fully open. The left one was made in a square without walls. The floor was made from timbers. There were a lot of people, sitting, walking and talking. An elephant was seen on the right and was tied and standing in a stable. Opposite the entrance, there was a set of stairs made of stone leading onto Phraya Phrakhlang’s house. This part of Dr. Kaempfer’s diary told us that there were 6 boats in the procession arranged orderly with 1: 3: 1: 1. The procession went along the city wall for a short time and then turned into Phraya Phrakhlang’s house.

The expanded picture from the map above was a part of Khlong Pratu Thepmee. The canal was curved like that of a bow. In the middle of the length of the canal, there was a bridge called Wanon. In this painting, there were 5 holes under the bridge. It was the biggest bridge and nowadays it is nearly still in complete condition among the ancient bridges in Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya. The bridge is used for people’s walking and connects the east and the west banks in the south area of Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya in the past.

The oil painting from Ayutthaya period by Johannes Wingbones, a Deutch artist, was painted in about 1665 according to the requirement of the East Indian Hollanda Company (VOC). The painting displayed the appearance of Krung Si Ayutthaya. Below the picture was Khlong Pratu Thepmee in the area of Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya Rajabhat University nowadays.

If we imagine reasonably about the possible past occurrence, we could see boats floating against the current of the Chao Phraya River along the south city wall past Khong Nai Kai (Khlong Makhamriang in the present). The procession of boats ran along the city wall a short time before it reached a long and big canal. At this point it turned right into a big water gate of Khlong Pratu Thepmee or Khlong Pratu Thetmee, the biggest canal of Krung Si Ayutthaya. From a foreign painting, Sapan Wanon or Sapan Thepmee had five holes under it. Normally, this kind of bridge would have only one or three holes. The length of the bridge showed the width of the canal. So Khlong Pratu Thetmee might have been 12 meters wide and enough to allow the procession with a horizontal line of three boats to go through it.

The canal next to it was Khlong Chakainoy which was smaller. This canal was in the east of Wat Boroma Phuttharam, and the boats could not go through this canal in the procession, unless they went along it one by one. As a result, the procession of boats did not land at Khlong Chakainoy due to the fact that it was very far away and the diary indicated that it was a short time before the landing.

The procession of boats carrying the royal letter stopped at the moorage at a foot of Sapan Wanon (Wanon Bridge). The group of envoys landed and walked to Phraya Phrakhlang’s guesthouse for official foreign visitors. In a foreign map of the late Ayutthaya period, the line of pedestal was still seen. It was visibly the path way connecting between Sapan Wanon and the bridge in front of Wat Boroma Phuttharam.

The map of Krung Si Ayutthaya, drawn by Dr. Kaempfer while he was staying in Krung Si Ayutthaya in 1690
Below and in the middle of the painting was the area of Khlong Pratu Thepmee, an important canal. Nowadays, it is inside Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya Rajabhat University.

The painting of the enlarged part of Khlong Pratu Thepmee from a hand-drawn map of Dr. Kaempfer displaying the path way connecting between Sapan Wanon and Sapan Ban Dinsor in front of Wat Boroma Phuttharam. A Thai styled building was on the path way in the middle of the painting (in the circle). There were gable ends on the roof. This building might have been Phraya Phrakhlang’s guesthouse for official foreign visitors.

The footpath or walkway was called Thanon Ban Hae (Thanon means path or road) which was in the east of Sapan Wanon or Sapan Thepmee that connected to Thanon Phra Ngam in the west and Sapan Ban Dinsor in front of Wat Boroma Phuttharam. There were a lot of important historic places on this road: Wat Ammae, Khaekyai Chaosen’s (Sheik Ahmad) house, Chao Phraya Phrakhlang’s (Kosaparn) house, Wat Phra Ngam, Wat Boroma Puttharam and so on. For this road seen from a painting of Ayutthaya period in 1665, there was a path connecting to Thanon Jean (a road called Jean) which passed the Chinese community in the south of Krung Si Ayutthaya, and was parallel to the south city wall via Chao Mae Thabthim shrine to the front of Wat Ho Rattanachai (Wanich Sutharat, 2007, p. 15-16).
Sapan Thepmee or Sapan Wanon is in Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya Rajabhat University; Nowadays, it is only the old bridge showing its old form more completely than the other ancient bridges of Krung Si Ayutthaya. The group of envoys from Hollanda and Dr. Kaempfer might have brought the royal letter to Phraya Phrakhlang’s house for receiving official foreign visitors by landing at the foot of this bridge.

Sapan Ban Dinsor was situated in front of Wat Boroma Phuttharam in Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya Rajabhat University. The canal in the picture is Khlong Chakainoy, the canal used to receive the groups of French envoys and Sri Langka (Bangladesh) envoys in the late Ayutthaya period.

Where is the location of Phraya Phrakhlang’s house for receiving official foreign visitors? The answer can be found if we can find the lacation of the elephant stable according to the words mentioned by Dr. Kaempfer, “The elephant stable was on the right of the walkway to the house”.

The road in front of King Mongkut Memorial Planetarium which is in the same line as the ancient road, the road in front of Wat Phra Ngam that connected between Sapan Wanon or Sapan Thepmee and Sapan Ban Dinsor in front of Wat Boroma Phuttharam. This road is believed to be the location of Phraya Phrakhlang’s house for receiving official foreign visitors.
In a map of Krung Si Ayutthaya drawn by Dr. Kaempfer in 1790, he also drew this road. The north of this road was not very far away from the west of Sapan Wanon. There was a picture of a Thai-styled house with gables and there were also the marks of gable ends. There were ancient Deutch letters written on the side of the map explaining 18 important places appearing on the map, but we cannot understand them. This house was certainly Phraya Phrakhlang’s or Kosaparn’s house for receiving official foreign visitors.

Where is the Elephant Stable?

We can know the location of Phraya Phrakhlang’s or Kosaparn’s house for receiving official foreign visitors if we know the location of the elephant stable. The way to retrieve for it is asking old people who have involved with the place in Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya.

The place where the building of the Facculty of Sciences and Technology of Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya Rajabhat University is situated was the location of Pratuchai School 50-60 years ago. At that time, Ajarn Panya Namphet, one of the native people of Ayutthaya by birth, is 82 years old. He is the chairman of the committee of Phra Mongkhol Bophit Foundation in Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya. He indicated that the area at the wall of the Facculty of Sciences and Technology in the east was the location of the elephant stables which were located in order from north to south. At that time (About 60 years ago), only the bases and some parts of the stable walls were left. On the contrary, he does not know whose elephant stables they were and people had told each other generation from generation that they were elephant stables (Please look at the pictures).

The gentleman in a suit is Ajarn Panya Namphet, the chairman of the committee of Phra Mongkhol Bophit Foundation in Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya in the age of 82 years old. He is a native person of Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya by birth. He helped point at the location of the elephant stables in Ayutthaya period, which were in the area of the wall of the Faculty of Sciences and Technology (This picture was taken in 2008).

When the ground was dug one meter deep in oreder to lay water tube (February, 2009), the bricks of the bases of the elephant stables could be clearly seen.

It had been 250 years since the year that Phraya Phrakhlang used his house to receive the official foreign visitors from the Natherlands in 1690 to the year that Ajarn Panya Namphet was the principal of Pratuchai School in 1947. It was possible that there were still the remains of the buildings made of laid bricks and mortar after the natural erosion and people’s hands. On the contrary, nothing would be left or could be retrieved if the time was longer than that.

The picture of digging the drainer at the area where was uaderstandable that it was a base of an elephant stable
In the picture, levels of laid bricks of a base of an elephant stable are displayed in the length of 10 meters from north to south. This picture was taken on September 18, 2009; one year after Ajarn Panya Namphet showed the location.
Therefore the conclusion is completely and reasonably, together with the evidences that Phraya Phrakhlang’s guesthouse is at the area of the Faculty of Sciences and Technology at Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya Rajabhat University at the present, and originally, it was once the location of Phraya Phrakhlang’s, the minister of foreign affairs, guesthouse to receive official foreign visitors in the reign of King Pate Racha. Moreover, it was once the house of Luang Phinitaksorn, the first king’s father of the Chakkri Dynasty of Rattanakosin (Bangkok) period.

The area of the building of the Faculty of Sciences and Technology might have been Phraya Phrakhlang’s guesthouse for official foreign visitors.

References
Ammarosot, Lakkaew. (2005). Meukhwa Maharatch (The Great King’s Right-hand Man). Bangkok:
Animate Group.
Boonyasamit, Kritsada. (2005). “Phra Atchariyapap dan Nitisat khong Phrabat Somdet Phra Buddha
Yodfa Chulaloke nai Kotmonthianban Chabab Chalerm Phrakiat (King Buddha Yodfa
Chulaloke as a Marvellous Person on Laws in the Palace Laws for Celebrating the King’s
Honor)”. Bangkok: Samlada Kanphim.
Chumsai Na Ayutthaya, Sumate. (1967). “Athibaipap (Pictures Explanation)” in Sangkhomsart Parithad,
year 4, volumn 4, March May, 1967, pp. 12 13.
De la Loubere, Monsieur. (2005). La Loubere’s Annal and the Kingdom of Siam. Bangkok: Sripanya
Press.
Kasetsiri, chanwit and Sriudom, Kanthika. (2004). Sir John Bowring: The Kingdom and Thai Citizens.
Bangkok: Toyota Thailand Foundation.
Kasetsiri, Chanwit. (2007). Ayutthaya. Bangkok: Toyota Thailand Foundation.
Manawit, Janya. (2002). Khlong lae Thareuajang Samai Boran krung Si Ayutthaya (Ancient Canals and
Boat Moorages in Krung Si Ayutthaya). Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya Historical Parks.
Pithakpaiwan, Thitima. (1988). Somdet Pra Narai Maharatch lae Kosaparn (King Narai the Great and
Kosaparn). Bangkok: The Ministry of Education.
Saisuwan, Amporn. (2002). Thai nai Chodmaihet Kaempfer (Thailand in Kaempfer’s Annals). Bangkok:
The Department of Fine Arts
Sutharat, Wanit. (2007). Phumnam Witthaya: Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya. Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya:
Ayutthaya Study Institute at Phranakhon Si Ayutthaya Rajabhat University.
Tangsiriwanit, Thawatchai. (2006). Krung Si Ayutthaya nai Panthee Farang (Krung Si Ayutthaya in the
Foreigners’ Maps). Bangkok: Matichon Press.
Thawonwatsakul, Manop. (2000). Khunnang Ayutthaya (Ayutthaya Noblemen). Bangkok: Thammasat
University Press.
Wichitwathakarn, Wiboon. (2001). Ratchawong Ban Phluluang (The Ban Pluluang Dynasty). Bangkok:
Sangsan Book.